What Can I Expect During My First Visit to Excellence in Physical Therapy?
You will be seen for an initial evaluation by one of our physical therapists who will be your residing PT throughout the course of your treatments.Â You will discuss:
- Current problems/complaints
- Pain intensity, what aggravates and eases the problem
- How this is impacting your daily activities or your functional limitations
- Your goals with physical therapy
- Medications, tests, and procedures related to your health
This will be followed by an evaluation which may include some of the following:
- Range of Motion (ROM)
- Muscle Testing
- Neurological Screening
- Posture Assessment
Upon completion of the evaluation a treatment plan will be developed specifically for your unique needs and challenges.
What Do I Bring?
- Completed patient forms
- Referral/ Prescription from your doctor if needed
- Insurance Card & Photo I.D.
- Shorts for lower extremity evaluations
How Long Will My Visits Last?
- Initial appointment:Â 30 minutes
- Follow-up visits: 45 â€“ 60 minutes depending on your treatment plan